Monday, January 2, 2012

Spiritual Guidance

I had this dream last night, that I wish I could remember more of. I woke up from it wondering if it meant something, and what could possibly have made me dream such a dream.

It was sort of like a spiritual vision quest, if you would. I remember I was walking through this place with a million different ways to choose - not pathways. There were a lot of colors and different people, as if whatever choice I made a person would tell me more about me. And I was being led through this by a spirit guide that wasn't exactly...anything. It was a voice telling me about myself with every different step I took. But if I steered off the path I was supposed to be following, he would get angry and burst in flames telling me to get back onto the path.

I remember there was one point where I was very curious about something and I wanted to explore what would happen if I took that path. What would the consequences be, was it just a curiosity that needed to be sated or was it a path I was truly destined to take? And my spirit guide kept telling me that I couldn't discover that right now. I had to wait and go back to it at the end. I could have a taste and learn a little bit about if I were interested, but to truly find out if it was what I wanted I would have to finish the journey and take a trip back later to learn more. And when I kept trying to push the subject, the guide would engulf himself in flames again and yell at me to be patient.

There was a pregnant woman with blood on her. But it wasn't from a wound or a miscarriage. She wasn't in pain. She just stood there in a long blue dress, waiting, with blood on her. This is where the dream went weird. For some reason I felt compelled to taste the blood. I know, extremely weird and/or gross. I have no explanation.

My guide pulled me along after a taste, to another row. At this point it was clearer that I was walking through aisles of opportunities and life choices. The guide explained I had a very big and heavy heart filled with lots of dreams and only I could fulfill them. It was up to me to follow my path, follow my heart to get what I want. No one else. He told me my heart was my biggest tool and I should use it more often. He told me my heart is the most important part of me and not to forget it.

I woke up just before I got to the end of this journey. It really made me think all night at work about my life. After these past two weeks of feeling melancholy and wanting to be quiet, waking up from this dream seemed to wake me up back to reality. Maybe it was my subconscious telling me not to worry so much and not to fret over every decision and pathway I have to figure out. The dream also made me wonder about my outlook on right and wrong. I've been trying to abide by society's view of what is right. I need to do what's right for me. I need to really start to learn how to decide for myself and not think of what I may or may not miss. I always say to live in the present, but I think my dream woke me up to realize that I have to stop saying it and just do it.

So here's some inspiration for the day: Life is a journey. You choose which direction you're going to go in. If you feel like taking a turn would be right, then do it. If you need to stop and rest or think, or perhaps satisfy your curiosity, go for it. Don't pretend to live your life, and don't let someone else live it for you. Life is wonderful, make every moment and every choice count!


No comments: