Friday, November 14, 2008

Old Habits Die Hard.

**Found this from months and months ago. Thought I'd repost since it's still pretty much how I feel. **

Friday, May 16, 2008: 

I know that I can really read into things too deeply. And I know I stress over the littlest things. And many a people know that. And I am positive they know who they are, and are chuckling at this paragraph already. 

I'm a paranoid person, with too many insecurities - though I try to keep that all hidden. And yeah, I like to think I do a good job of it. 

But sometimes, the littlest things are all you HAVE to stress over. I think I'm happy enough that I don't stress over the big things. They don't bother me because, well, what's the point? Who cares if someone thinks you look ugly? Who cares if he's talking behind your back, or she's only pretending to be your friend? Who cares if other people think you look like a fool for defending yourself? Who cares if you want to be different? 

So yeah. I get bothered by the little things. Things like...when people are messy, when people are dumb, when people don't appreciate all the luxuries they've got, when people don't appreciate the luxuries of LIFE, when people don't understand what work ethic is, when lazy people complain, when people are mean, when people are pretentious, when people who don't know how to read graduate high school, when people who are skinny think they are fat, when people who are fat complain about being fat and continue to take a huge bite of that Big Mac (seriously, shut up. you like food. the end), when people say they'll kill themselves because they're "depressed", when people who are depressed try to "kill themselves", when people feel a need to look good because it's the only way they feel good, when beautiful people think they look like shit, when people pity themselves, when people pity others, when people stress the tiniest things ever - yeah, I know I'm a contradiction. 

What is the common factor here? PEOPLE. 

People are bitter, selfish, greedy, and unappreciative. 
People are the problem. 
People need to stop caring about other people, and what they think and do! 

It's why people are so terrible. People care too much. And terrible as it may sound, people need to stop caring. Life is so much easier that way. As a person who has stopped caring what people think, living HER life to its fullest, and not taking anyone's shit anymore, life just tastes that much sweeter. 

And if there was one thing I wish that everyone in the world could learn it is this:

BE HONEST. STOP LYING. DON'T OMIT. SPEAK UP. SAY WHAT YOU FEEL. 
Stop acting like people (your friends, for instance) are too scary to stand up to or confide in. Stop keeping things bottled up when someone OFFERS an ear! They obviously want to help, so why not let them? What is the worst that could happen? Stop acting like no one could possibly understand you and that the world is out to get you. Because it's not. Grow up and just stop it all. 

No comments: